Fighting The Infodemic: Advanced Techniques For Misinformation Management
First Workshop Report
In our first Deakin-UGM joint research workshop on COVID-19 Fake News Detection and Intervention, we were pleased to invite colleagues, researchers, government representatives, journalists, and stakeholders to discuss combating fake news amid COVID-19 uncertainties and challenges. Our research team shared current achievements in webinars, such as datasets collection, and fake news detection methodologies.
Session 2 - Keynotes (2/3)1:03:41
Session #1: Opening (1:00PM -1:40PM), Chair by Xiao
- Welcome address by Prof. Bas Baskaran, Pro Vice-Chancellor International Research Partnership, Deakin University
- Opening speech by Dr. Ika Dewi Ana, Vice Rector for Research and Community Service, UGM.
- Welcome speech by Ms. Caroline Hartnett, Deputy Director, International Education, Global Victoria
- Project progress report by Research Co-Lead, Associate Professor Jianxin Li (Deakin) and Dr. Hilya Mudrika Arini (UGM)
Session #2: Keynote (1:40pm – 2:40pm), Chair by Jianxin and Hilya
- Keynote Speech by Prof. Xiuzhen Jenny Zhang, Associate Dean Higher Degree Research, School of Computing Technologies, RMIT University
- Keynote Speech by Dr. Usman Kansong, General Director of Public Communications and Information, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Indonesia
Afternoon Tea Break (2:40pm: 20 mins)
- Keynote Speech by Dr. Henry Nguyen, ARC DECRA Fellow, Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems, Griffith University
Session #3: Panel Discussion (3:40pm – 4:30pm), Chair by Hilya
Panellists: Prof. Robert Ackland (ANU), A/Prof. Xiao Liu (Deakin), A/Prof. Jianxin Li (Deakin), Ms. Okky Irmanita (Kiroyan Partners), Ms. Ika Krismantari (The Conversation)